The WYHVN is a network of committed stakeholders who promote quality home visiting from pregnancy through age three as a core early childhood service available to all Wyoming families.
The WYHVN facilitates activities among its members to promote program collaboration and to raise public awareness about home visiting, to expand and sustain home visiting services, to provide supplemental home visiting training, to collect and share data, and to share relevant policy and research information.
All Wyoming families are supported in nurturing children to be healthy and successful in life.
Increase support for quality home visiting as a core early childhood service available to all Wyoming families.
- Families are the primary and most influential teachers of Wyoming’s children, and the first years of childhood provide critical foundations for success throughout life.
- High quality home visiting services build safe, nurturing, non-judgmental relationships based on trust, honesty, and communication.
- High quality home visiting services promote inclusivity and diversity as hallmarks of a culture of respect.
- Comprehensive home visiting is an effective approach for strengthening families.
- The network values and incorporates family voice.
- The network strives for high quality and excellence in all efforts, drawing on science, evidence, and research to support continuous improvement and growth and strong accountability for positive outcomes.
- The network constantly seeks to elevate the knowledge and skills of the home visiting workforce.